Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our Many Visitors

You know, it's funny how a new baby brings people out of the woodwork! By all means, this is truly a joke! Anyway, for the first few weeks of Carter's life we had many visitors. I think we take the cake when I say they came from near and far.
Uncle Eric and Aunt Colleen came from Columbia. Uncle Eric was back for a two week leave from Iraq. Thank you, Uncle Eric, for serving our country and defending our freedom. We'll see you soon!
Great Uncle Ricardo and Aunt Eileen came from Michigan.
Grandpa and Grandma Orta came from St. Louis.
And then they came from Kearney, Stewartsville, Cameron, St. Joseph, Clarksdale, and all of the surrounding counties! It was such a heartwarming feeling to have so many visitors and know that Carter, Ryan, Victor and I are so loved. We love you all, too!
So thank you for all the visits, phone calls, gifts, etc. We truly appreciate it!
Here are photos of just some of our visitors. They are in no particular order.

Grandma Cathy and I could pass as mother-daughter, I think. Or maybe even sisters!
Great Uncle Ricardo.

Great Uncle Ricardo and Aunt Eileen. Eileen was trying to teach Ryan a few things, but he kept shushing her and telling her she was "ucky!"


Grandpa DeShon.



Great Grandpa Robinson.

Great Grandma Robinson. Carter didn't know what to think!

Great Uncle Lynn and Aunt Janet.



Grandpa and Grandma Orta.

"Aunt" Abby and "cousin" Evie.


Uncle Eric and Aunt Colleen.
Aunt Bobbie Jo, who will soon have a little one of her own!


Grandma DeShon.
Carter is now a little over 6 weeks old and has reached many milestones! I've already seen his first smile! He smiles at me in the morning or when he wakes up from a nap and if Ryan greets him from his nap, he smiles at him, too. He can mimick me, like when I stick my tongue out. As I've already mentioned, he's rolling over. He can lift his head and follow objects. He talks to me by cooing and boy does he have stories!
He's starting to develop a schedule. He takes both a morning and afternoon nap. He usually sleeps for about an hour around 10:30 or 11:30 am and then goes back to sleep around 2ish for about 3 to 5 hours. He goes to bed anywhere between 8:30 and 10:00 and gets up once or twice to nurse.
And Carter loves his baby massages! Ryan didn't like them, but Carter does! He stiffens his legs when I massage them and makes all sorts of noises/coos. It's so cute!
I could go on and on about Carter...